Menu
kapaone
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wifi pods

Got a single wifi pod weeks ago and was told if I needed the other 2 simply phone and request them,.  Now tried that and get every excuse to avoid sending them to me. I'm on the top oomph package with 1gb broadband. I've even had an engineer at the house that said I needed them and should request the other two but still seems an impossible task. I raised a complaint regarding this and reserved an email saying try and plug everything into an ethernet cable. What's the point of wifi if I need to use ethernet cables for everything. So to email this response and close complaint as resolved without even talking to me is very poor

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi pods

The small print says.....

"A second and third WiFi pod is only available to customers following assessment of the WiFi performance inside the registered account address. Customer will be required to call into our Fault Centres and Virgin Media agent will complete assessment remotely."

I guess you got an agent who couldnt do this remotely for some reason.

Try calling in and trying again - call at 08.00 if you can and you should get connected quickly.

Or a VM person ought to pick this up on here in a day or two and be able to check this for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi pods

Hi kapaone,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had a lot of trouble trying to order an additional WiFi Pod and to hear you've been having issues with your home WiFi, we know how frustrating this can be. I certainly agree that being advised to plug all of your devices via ethernet is not very ideal or realistic, since not all devices have ethernet ports, so I do apologise for this.

I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can take a look into your complaint and look into ordering an additional Pod for you.

Regards,

Beth

0 Kudos