cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pods

paul1973
On our wavelength

IHi all, I know this has been answered a number of times so Im hoping for a team member to help me.

Ive just upgraded to the 1gb broadband with the new hub 5.

My house has a number of "blackspots" Ive run the tests using the Virgin connect app.

It shows 3 places that have wifi of 5-7mb.

Ive tapped optimise wifi in the app and rescanned the rooms but its made no difference.

I dont have the option to order wifi pods in the app.

Ive tried calling but after 65 minutes I could not hold on any longer.

Is there any way of ordering the wifi pods online or do I need to hold on to speak with someone?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the Connect app is failing to allow you to order your first Pod, then just wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

Or ring in and try to explain to Customer Services if your need is urgent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JeffGlaister
On our wavelength

Good luck with that, it took around 4 weeks for VM to send me one Pod. It did work, it just took far too long for them to respond to my request. It doesn't help that the phone support puts you on a pretty useless automated menu - the only way it seems to talk to someone is to go via the billing or thinking of leaving option. After getting mine I was then promised a Hub upgrade and tech visit, I reset my Hub 4, the tech arrived without the Hub5, and on reloading my backed up config to the Hub4, the pod no longer works. They can't get me a new one because I've got a Hub upgrade on my system for next week sometime, so I now have to wait until that has been done, find out I can't get WiFi in parts of my house and wait another few  weeks for VM to respond to send out a new Pod which will allow me to get the WiFi to work in parts of my house. The whole Virgin Media customer support is a useless waste of time, they don't care about customers and just fob you off.

paul1973
On our wavelength

I did try to get through to customer services, was on hold for 65 minutes then couldn't wait any longer. 

Was hoping a mod on here may pick this up and help out.

Lots of people having issues with the connect app.

Following the instructions precisely but no option to order the pods.

Fingers crossed its sorted out. 

Thanks