Menu
Ste_smig
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi pods needed for poor wifi signal

Hello,

I have been trying to contact VM with a view to getting some of these Wifi Pods, not having much luck. Any help would be great. I have tried to complete the online form to show interest but it won't submit for some reason.

I have VM's one gig broadband which I have no complaints about when connected via ethernet, the wireless, on the other hand, is quite poor out of the hub 4, I thought if I could improve it with these Wifi pods then I would be in lockdown heaven.

Thanks in advance

Steve

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi pods needed for poor wifi signal

There are stock supply issues at the moment - perhaps that's why its blocking requests - who knows!

Try calling in to request one as well - call at 08.00 and you should get through quickest.

TBH I would also suggest you look at other options - like buying your own better quality wireless equipment - in case the Pods doesn't work well for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Pods are not going to help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Ste_smig
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks you both for your speedy replies.

I will keep trying and get my name on the list for some, apparently there is no monthly charge because of the package I am on, so nothing to loose by trying.

The other option is: I have a tp-link, 3 antenna router that my friend says is very good, he also mentioned putting the hub 4 into modem mode and using the tp-link instead of the hub 4. Sounds a bit complicated, I will read through the paperwork and give it a try over the weekend 🤔

Thanks again😀

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Ste_smig wrote:

The other option is: I have a tp-link, 3 antenna router that my friend says is very good, he also mentioned putting the hub 4 into modem mode and using the tp-link instead of the hub 4. Sounds a bit complicated, I will read through the paperwork and give it a try over the weekend 🤔

Thanks again😀

A much better option 😉 modem mode can be a bit tricky to get going initially but works well...

Log into the hub on http://192.168.0.1 and select the option to put the hub into modem mode

The hub will then reboot and come back up in modem mode - give it five minutes to settle down

Disconnect all ethernet cables from the hub

Power off the Hub and your router/mesh system

Connect your router/mesh system to the hub via ethernet cable and switch it on - leave it five minutes to settle down

Power on the hub and leave it five minutes to settle down

Should all be working.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I second that, MODEM MODE and your own router.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos