cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pod

graynat
Joining in

I'm new to virgin. Firstly the technician installed the router behind my TV. I've moved this to try and get a better signal which means I now have a wires everywhere and it's sitting on the floor. Got a wifi booster it's still not connected and im still getting wifi black spots. That in itself was an effort to get the wifi pod as apparently wasn't in volt even though I have o2 and now virgin so had to pay for an extra sim. On hold again for more than 40 mins before giving up. I just want back to sky but since that is an option could virgin contact me to link my volt and to fix the wifi pod. 

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi graynat 

You need make sure the address on your O2 account matches the address on the Virgin Media broadband account. If  they don’t quite match, you can edit your address in My O2.

You can opt in for Volt benefits from the My O2 app. Once you're in the app, go to 'Offers', then 'Supercharge your world with Volt', then tap 'See what you can get. From here, simply fill in the details you're asked for and within 14 days you should have your benefits applied on both your O2 and Virgin Media accounts. 

If you think everything's correct and still aren't seeing the options to activate your benefits, call O2 on 202 from your O2 mobile.

Have you changed anything on your hub? The pods only work under certain conditions.

Keep your Hub in Router Mode - Do not put the Hub into Modem Mode, as this disables the Wi-Fi and your Pods are connecting to your Hub via Wi-Fi. Likewise, if you use a third-party router it will not work because the Pods are designed to specifically connect directly with VM's Hubs only.

Do not split the SSID – If the SSID is split then the hub treats the two bands as two different standalone networks (the same as picking up your neighbours Wi-Fi when you search for a network). The Smart Wi-Fi cannot move a device between different networks.

Do not disable either bands – If both bands (2.4GHz and 5Ghz) are not switched on then the software cannot move the device for optimisation, which essentially disables the Smart Wi-Fi.

You should also ensure that Chanel Optimisation is enabled in your hub settings.

There is also online help available for the pods on the following page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/booster-and-wi-fi-pods 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali