cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pod - ordering

Noblet
Joining in

Not been with VM long, but have discovered we need a booster pod. I’ve tried to speak with a real person and tried the various apps with no joy. Does anyone have contact info where I can actually talk to someone? Thanks in advance. 

Martin

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Martin,

Please see message 2 on the following <<< pinned post >>>  which details how to request the wifi pods

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Martin,

Please see message 2 on the following <<< pinned post >>>  which details how to request the wifi pods

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for that Dave, I tried calling that number before i posted, but I can’t get through to anyone. 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Noblet, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your WiFi which is resulting in you needing to have a WiFi pod. Our new WiFi Max service allows you to have up to 3 pods. Whilst the 1st pod can be requested, a second and third pod can only be ordered after diagnostics have been completed and we determine that a Pod is the correct fix for the connection issue. The pods can only be sent out one at a time too. 

It's worth having a look at the service as a whole here and please note that unless you're on a 1GB speed or a Volt package then there is a charge of £8 per month. 

Once you've had a look at the above link, if you want to go ahead we will need to confirm some information with you to get that first pod sent out. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Noblet, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. 

We're glad you've been able to get a pod ordered. Once you receive your pod, this link should help you get it up and running and installed. 

Just so you know, there are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs. You can view these below: 

• The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode' 
  • Channel Optimisation must be left on 
  • The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled 
  • The SSID must be password protected 
  • The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pods will automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pods will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect up the devices in the home.

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Take care

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs