cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pod issue

zoe203
Joining in

Hi, 

I have plugged my wifi pod into various sockets around the house - including right beside the modem - and the light continues to flash. Instructions say light will flash for 10 mins while connecting then go off, but it never goes off.

any advice? 
thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It may not be activated yet - Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (follow options) and check. You will need the Model numbers, serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers of ALL pieces of kit and also your account number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

Custom settings of Hub Wi-Fi can affect the functioning of VM Pods.

Hub settings required for VM Pods

1. The Hub is in 'Router Mode'
2. Wireless Channel Optimisation is Enabled
3. The 2.4 & 5 GHz bands have the same SSID
4. SSID broadcast is Enabled on both bands
5. Both SSID are protected with the same password.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi zoe203, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with getting your pod connected. 

Checking things here, we can see it is on the account but showing as offline. Can you try plugging the pod in next to the hub and then push the WPS button on the hub for 5 seconds. Wait 20 minutes and hopefully this will then force the connection and you can then move the pod further away so it repeats the signal to the rooms you're having the issue in. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi zoe203, 

As a side note, we can see you have some Netgear extenders active. Can you also turn these off before trying to connect the pod as this may interfere with things. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs