Menu
kamnijjar
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wifi playing up. Internet very slow.

Hi - My router is playing up. Wifi isn't working 100%. Could I please request a new router.
Thanks
Kam

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi playing up. Internet very slow.

Clarify what "isn't working 100%" means..

are you getting drop-outs? is it connecting at all?

do you have a device that you can connect to the hub via ethernet to see if you get the same issues when wired into it?

0 Kudos
kamnijjar
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 
My TV is connected via ethernet and this works fine.

The Wi-Fi keeps dropping out. It's dropping out on my iPhone, Laptop and Amazon firestick. I've rebooted and reset the router and also moved it's location but no improvement, still getting the drop outs.

The routers over 6 years old and my friend had the same problem and he's had a replacement router from you and that's solved the problem.

Can I please request a replacement router.

Thanks

Kam

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Do you know what model hub it is? I guess even at 6 years old it could still be a hub 3.. if it’s a hub2ac or older though you could try the following link for an upgrade to a hub 3.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

I wouldn’t expect great things from it though, the WiFi is notoriously poor. 

if the link doesn’t work then either call customer services or wait for someone from VM to respond here and see what they say. 

0 Kudos
kamnijjar
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

IMG_0990.jpg

This is the hub I have, The Wifi is dropping out too much now.

0 Kudos
kamnijjar
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

IMG_0990.jpg

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ok - so the link won't work for you since you already have a hub3.. unless the device is properly faulty, then you might struggle to get VM to replace it - they don't guarantee the wifi signal and if the WAN side of the connection is all looking good (power levels etc..) when you call it in, they will probably just put the poor wifi down to environmental issues within your home - you may have more luck with the forum staffers (it can take a few days for them to respond) - time will tell on that.

as mentioned previously though, the hub isn't a good wireless router - if you're having problems with wifi but everything works well when connected via ethernet, you may want to consider investing in your own router/mesh system to improve things.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

tehwolf is correct - and VM are not upgrading Hubs or swapping them if they are not faulty - due to supply issues - and so you need to show your is faulty. If wired connections are working just fine and wifi is just a bit slow - they will say its fine - which it most likely is

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos