Menu
shane1638
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wifi ping,download, and upload having issues

Hi

For the last few days i have been having problems with my wifi, i can hardly download anything due to for some reason my download speed being at 4mbps when my parents are paying for a much higher one and can hardly play or talk to anyone since my ping is too far high. i have tried everything from factory reset to contacting customer support which ended up being useless. I had a look for service faults and have found none in the area. curious if anyone can help me on here i live in the South London area if anyone knows off faults that have not being listed.

Edited: also attached the speedtest below

sssa.png

0 Kudos
Barrerayy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi ping,download, and upload having issues

There's an issue in South London even though Virgin refuses to acknowledge it. Look at the other posts from people in Croydon and the surrounding area. Use a VPN and connect to a server in London which will give you much better speeds than a non vpn connection (shocking i know) while Virgin pulls their head out of their collective bum and sort this issue out.

0 Kudos
shane1638
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeah i did have a look around i saw a few posts about South london having problems, Im hoping some of them have engineers getting sent out that way they can finally fix the problem, just annoys me since you spend all that money and end up getting [REMOVED] back. but looks like vpn is the only way for now.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The most useful and up to date info comes from the 0800 561 0061 number. Try that to see if there are any faults that the web service hasn't picked up!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @shane1638,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your speeds and connection!

I was able to locate your account and look run some further checks to see if there's any underlying issue with your power levels. After taking a look, I can't see any issues with your upstream or downstream power levels. 

Can you confirm that the screenshot of the speed test was taken on a wired connection? If not, please run a wired speed test so we can see what speeds your Hub is receiving directly.

If this is a WiFi only issue, please let me know and we'll do our best to help you resolve it. Are you experiencing any connection drop outs, or just having issues with speeds?

Please keep us updated. 

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos