Menu
Flandrigan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wifi on during 'outage' but off when 'fixed' - Area 22

We have been without internet on and off since last Friday afternoon - at first we were without internet from Friday afternoon until Monday morning around 9am - and every day during 'outages' (confirmed in Service Status) we have internet during the times of the 'outage' but as soon as the work is done around 3pm every day we are without internet again.

We have had one engineer come on Monday when everything was working so there was nothing for him to see - yesterday and engineer called to say he wouldn't attend as he could see there were improvement works going on in the area and that there would be outages anyway and we have another engineer booked to come tomorrow morning. The problem is, most likely, if the engineer is to come between 9-12 of the 8-12 slot the internet will be on so long as this 'outage' work is being done.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi on during 'outage' but off when 'fixed' - Area 22

If there’s planned works or outages it’s more likely that the engineer visit will get cancelled. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Flandrigan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And again, our internet has now dropped since 2.15 and 45 minutes later the 'outage' has been 'fixed' and we have no internet for the night/early morning tomorrow. This is madness. Please help.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Flandrigan,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you've had some issues with your broadband connection.

Could you please set up a Broadband Quality Monitor for me? This will allow us to track the performance of your broadband and identify any issues. You can do this here: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality.

I've been able to locate your account using your Forum details, and I can see that you do still have an engineering appointment tomorrow. Please let us know if this is carried out, and if the issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Flandrigan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for your response.

How do I share the BQM with you? I've just set this up.

Right on cue, an 'outage' started at 8.30 - which I identified through Service Status and my internet came back ON. Like every day this week, I will now have internet until 2-3pm at which point the 'outage' will be fixed and then the internet will go again. 

So without this 'outage' we have no internet, which means without a solution today we won't have internet for the next 4 days over the Bank Holiday. I'm hoping the engineer can do something but as predicted in my first message he/she will be attending at the property with the internet working in the window 8.45-2/3pm that it usually does this week.

The outage ID is C01193265 btw.

I will let you know how engineer visit goes but my expectations are rock bottom right now.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to us @Flandrigan.

You can post your results back here so we can take a look at them and best determine what the problem may be. 

We further apologise that you are experiencing this with the outage. Please do let us know how the appointment goes and we will do our best to help from here.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Flandrigan wrote:

How do I share the BQM with you? I've just set this up.

If you go to the Think Broadband site where you set up the BQM

Hit 'Share Live Graph'

Copy the 'Direct Link'

Paste it on here and all will be good!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Flandrigan
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Disconnected as usual in mid-afternoon (approximately 3.45) and this is shown in the graph I think. The engineer is baffled by the problem, and we're no closer to solving it.

At a loss but have to look at other ISP's because I feel this is not going to be resolved very quickly and we just can't afford to be without internet ever evening.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9d463c503707b69a743d42237b705df14812536c

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Flandrigan,

I have had a look at your account and can see you had a visit booked on the weekend- the technician has noted the hub was replaced and issues have been resolved.

Feel free to pop back should you have any other questions.  

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos