cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi not working

abds74748
Just joined

Our Wifi is an utter joke. It’s unstable, cuts all the time, has rubbish coverage. We cannot work from home or watch programmes because it keeps cutting out. Sometimes it’s fine, sometimes it’s 3mb. We are on Volt and should be getting 250Mb. We’ve done all the standard checks, tried calling customer service and gotten nowhere. Same tests all over again which do not help.

We have reported it multiple times and someone tried fobbing me off with a new contract! I stated I wanted a working service and not a new contract. At this point I am debating leaving. 

What we want is to speak to a real person to do a remote diagnostics, who will then see it doesn’t work, and at least provide us with a wifi booster, which is what we were told we could have last time. I’d be grateful if someone can pick up on this and call us directly and *not* advise us to call customer services for the millionth time, only to be fobbed off or not even get through to them. 

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

This is your first post so claims to have been advised to call CS for the millionth time rapidly undermine confidence.
Check the automated faults service on 0800 561 0061 there may be a local issue.

We have a Hub 3 and find the following WiFi settings are very stable ( for a Hub 4 / 5 adjust as required for a similar configuration )

Wireless Security
Client62_0-1680359554768.pngClient62_0-1678622112364.png

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @abds74748 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're really sorry to hear about the problems you've been having and that you're thinking of leaving us 😔

How have things been since you posted? Also, has the advice provided by @Client62 provided any clarity or improved the situation?

General advice on fixing internet problems can be found here. In terms of placing an eligible order for your first mesh WiFi Pod, you can do that on the Virgin Media Connect app, which can be accessed here.

More information on Intelligent WiFi can be found here.

Please pop back to us whenever you're ready and we'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Would be good to pinpoint whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?  So,  can you check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check.

We can then offer constructive advice on how to solve the issue

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.