Menu
ellaindiaeddy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wifi not working but looks fine

My broadband hub has the white light on yet it won't let me connect any devices to the wifi. Whenever I type in the password (the one virginmedia gave me) it tells me it requires a WPA2 password on my laptop & on my phone that the password does not connect to the network. It never used to say this before it would just connect. I have tried unplugging the hub at the mains, resetting the hub, doing an area check on Virgin media website and running a check on my own hub through the virgin media website and everything is saying its fine even though its not working. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi not working but looks fine

Assuming you have a Hub3.....

Do a  pinhole rest to factory settings.  Push the pin in to its stop point and hold for a "timed" 30 seconds and then add a few extra!  Some say that NOT restarting the router after that works whilst restarting sometimes doesn't - try both ?

After that - do this.  Using the password on the sticker in the hub drawer/base go into the Hub3 settings and in "smart wifi" disable the "channel optimisation".  Then, in advanced>wireless>security, rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's (just change 'em to what you like to differentiate = xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) with (the same) password you like,  save settings and restart Hub.  Over wifi you can then select the network that you want each device to connect to individually with the new password.  See if that helps. 

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi not working but looks fine

Hi ellaindiaeddy,

Welcome to the community. It's nice to have you here.

I'm sorry to read you are having an issue with the wireless connection.

Do you only get this issue on your laptop and phone? Are other devices connecting ok?

Try the factory reset as jbrennand mentioned above and let us know how you get on

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos