cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi not working after power turned off

Niccijsmith
Joining in

We have lost wifi connection after having the power turned off for electrical work and now the hub is flashing green. We have done a hard reset (pin reset) and still flashing after 30 mins. This is the second time this has happened after having a power outage. We have the hub 3 with mesh system. Any help appreciated x

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

Or, it may have "lost" it's registration with VM for some reason? Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Niccijsmith,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having some issues with your Wi-Fi connection recently. I've checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults to explain this currently. Has the advice offered by @Adduxi helped at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Client62
Legend

This is the second time this has happened after having a power outage - What was the fix last time ?

Thanks for your reply, last time it was offline for 2 days then miraculously came back on just as I was about to call for a technician. But at the time I didn’t think too much about it as there were some issues in the area with TV so thought it was possibly connected. I have booked a tech this time but can’t get to us till Tuesday!! 

I called virgin and they are sending a tech in 3 days time! Last time it happened it just came back online after 2 days but this shouldn’t happen just because we turn the power off! We are doing electrical work and this could happen again!