Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wifi not working Day 3

Wifi not working. Hub 3 not having any reach. Unable to reach support, phone support kicks you out, when finally connected to a person via Virgin Mobile sales and transferred to 2nd line, they hung up. infuriatingly bad support. Other than going round and round in circles, trying to get to a live person/contact, no support at all. Factory reset/resets all done, no improvement. Now have to start again, trying to get in touch with 1st line support. It appears easier to change to Sky than to get support.Edit: extended with Virgin because BT was even worse before a potential change to them, now I'm going to the company that has the best support. Not accepting this anymore.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi not working Day 3

Is there a question or just venting?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My Wifi is not working and I'm unable to get any support. Does anyone have any way of reaching support? Have been trying for 3 days. Self help options/resets have all failed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Does a wired connection work?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help in a day or two.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet connections are working. 0345 number endless loop to an end message with one option, which then ends call, over last 3 days.unable to reach support until today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So what specifically isn’t working with WiFi if a wired connection does work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi SjK9rs,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your WiFi connection. 

I have taken a look on our side and it does show that there is a lot of traffic via a WiFi connection. 

How many devices do you have connected?

^Martin

0 Kudos