Menu
IngridBurt
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wifi network

We recently installed a new router and is now causing all sorts of issues with our wifi network.  Various wifi boosters/routers cut in and out all the time.  For example if we are watching on our Virgin TV box in one room the internet then cuts out in another area of the house and therefore the other Virgin TV box doesn't work.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi network

Did you reconfigure said devices to the new hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
IngridBurt
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes we did.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Would be helpful if you explained more about what you have and how is it connected.

By "router"... do you actually mean a "new VM Hub"? What VM Hub do you have? Is it in normal router mode or have you got it in modem mode? If so what router are you using? What other boosters and routers are you using (there should only ever be one router working as a router on any single connection)? A What TV boxes do you have - TiVo, V6, 360? Are they connected to your Hub on wifi or on ethernet cables?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @IngridBurt

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 

I'm very sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your service, I can appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

As helpfully advised by @jbrennand, could you please expand on what devices are having the issues and how they're connected? What Hub do you have? Are the issues affecting both wired and wireless connections? You mentioned your boosters are also having some issues? Could you please expand on this too? 

This will help us best advise you from here. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos