Menu
Jayno
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wifi name change

My wifi network changed from its VM no. to a 1, my work pc and phone now connect to that using original password. My laptop and tablet still connect to the VM no., again original password. It did this overnight after an outage. Work are concerned about security. It means I can't access the new Virgin app on my phone because it doesn't recognize the network. The VM no. network no longer appears on the list of networks for phone and desktop. My phone now shows a phone connection icon alongside the wifi icon at the top. How can I resolve this?

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi name change

@Jayno wrote:

My wifi network changed from its VM no. to a 1, my work pc and phone now connect to that using original password. My laptop and tablet still connect to the VM no., again original password. It did this overnight after an outage. Work are concerned about security. It means I can't access the new Virgin app on my phone because it doesn't recognize the network. The VM no. network no longer appears on the list of networks for phone and desktop. My phone now shows a phone connection icon alongside the wifi icon at the top. How can I resolve this?

this is a known bug in the hub. 

you can reset it one of two ways;

1. a pinhole reset of the hub

2. log into the hub on http://192.168.0.1 and navigate to advanced -> wireless and update the name of the network to what it should be.. 

Jayno
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi name change

Many thanks, tried 2 first and it worked, excellent.