Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Wifi losing signal throughout the house

There was a internet outage during the day on Tuesday 20th Oct and since then the wifi single has been sporadic in the house, I can be in the same room as the router and get a very weak signal. The light on the hub 3 router is Yellow

Direct connection to the Hub 3 (cat5 cable) has not been affected so it is just the wifi  

Is anyone else experiencing the same problems this week?

Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi losing signal throughout the house

Try factory resetting the hub

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I factory reset my hub via the pin hole method and turned it off and back on, funnily it kept all my network settings such as name and password where previously its been reset to whats on the back of the hub.

I'm still having issue with some devices connecting to wifi or getting a steady signal, also still getting a yellow light 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You need to hold the reset in for 60 seconds

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I held it for over a minute and it still didn't reset my details to those on the hub

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Do the reset with the option from within the admin pages 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I did the reset via the hub which reset my details but still having issues with devices connecting, yellow light still present 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Have a look >> HERE <<.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It’s still not working correctly 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Resetting it through the GUI should certainly reset everything back to factory default 

0 Kudos