Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi losing internet connection at random times

I currently have the Hub 3.0 and numerous devices connected to it including iPhones and iPads.

At random times on random devices, internet connectivity through wifi will be lost.

When the connectivity is lost, the device still has connection to the router itself (wifi signal bars still on device). Some devices this happens regularly (numerous times a day) and others maybe a couple of times a week.

I have one wired device connected to the router via powerline adapter and this seems to maintain a consistent connection.

Does this sound like a router fault? Has anyone had similar issues and resolved it or would I need  a new router?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi losing internet connection at random times

You can try factory resetting the hub and see if that makes a difference.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Should've mentioned this in my post, I did a factory reset earlier this week but no difference.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lewisd1992, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I am also sorry you've been having some issues with the Wi-Fi, I know it's never ideal. 

I've had a look into the back end of things from here and some of the upstream power levels are off, so I've had to book an engineer.

The details of this visit can be found via your online account and you can also change the slot from there if needed. You will also need to make sure somebody over the age of 18 is in the property at the time. 

Please keep us posted with how the visit goes.  

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos