Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi login not working

Ive had fibre broadband for 10 days now and yesterday the wifi suddenly decided it didnt want to connect anymore 

I havent changed anything, just kept the original login details when it was setup, it was working fine then in the morning decided not to connect anymore.

• Been on the phone for over 2 hours on hold trying to get tech support and gave up, no email contact available not live chat, this is my last hope to get this working or ill be cancelling my contract and going somewhere else because thw customer service ive experienced is absolutely shocking. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi login not working

You could try resetting the Hub. As per below but first check that all of your co-ax cable connections along the wiring trails are in securely and havent come loose (pull them out and push them back in).

---------
Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible or you will be stuffed ! If its not – DON’T DO IT !

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections in it and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub (it is a six digit numeric one).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As expected the 'turn it off and back on' solution didnt do anything.

This isnt a login issue all the details are correct as they should be its an authorisation issue at virgin end, almost like my account is no longer active but can i get a single person to look at this?... Nope

Looks like ill be writing my cancellation letter tomorrow 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Caufeild83, 

Thanks for your post, I am sorry you are having issues I have checked remotely and you need an engineer out. I will pop you over a message asking for some info and we can get you one booked in asap, keep an eye open for the little envelope 🙂

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos