Menu
sworden
Settling in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wifi keeps resetting

I am on the verge of cancelling my contract. My wifi keeps resetting several times a day, up to four times an hour. Call centre unable to help and are telling me that it is working. Engineer came yesterday and turned off channel optimisation but problem persists. Ethernet connection is fine. This appears to be a widespread problem. Should I go to Sky or BT or can VM sort this out?

Sick and tired of being told to switch it on and off again, press reset, make sure it's well ventilated and away from other electrical equipment. 

Just disconnected me again while I am typing this. I am so frustrated with poor customer service.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi keeps resetting

Wifi speeds and connectivity are not guaranteed. so if you were to cancel you would need to pay any relevant termination charges

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub Fault - Replacement Required

If you hang around for a few days someone from the team should be able to arrange a new hub for you.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
sworden
Settling in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Shouldn't be any charge to leave. I wont pay if there are. I have been a customer for years. Equipment appears to be unfit to provide the service I am paying for. If anything, VM need to compensate me. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You don't pay for Wifi though - check your contract.

Failure to pay will result in your account/bill being passed to a collections agency and your account marked as defaulted for the next 6 years.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
sworden
Settling in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

anything helpful to say 'Gary' or are you just there to put customers off leaving?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Depends if you're asking for help - the only question you asked was whether you should jump ship to another ISP.

0 Kudos
sworden
Settling in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok then, tell me how to fix it if you can. 

0 Kudos