Menu
Kateaziz
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wifi keeps dropping

Help!  My WiFi keeps dropping and it’s becoming a nightmare as we’re working from home. I’ve checked the app and called to confirm that there are no known issues in my area. I’ve restarted, reset and checked all cables but nothing seems to work. 
Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi keeps dropping

Try using a wired connection to narrow it down - to see if it's Wi-Fi related or the cable connection to your router.

Use a Wi-Fi analyser app to see if there are any neighbouring hubs on the same channels as yours.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Kateaziz
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My virgin TV is also disconnected and that is wired. 

Any analyser app you’d recommend? I’m a bit clueless and cannot get through to Virgin for help. 

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Grubbs
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That’s the frustrating thing about having any fault. You simply can’t get through to anyone.

But if your a new customer or looking for an upgrade you have the choice of online chat, phone or email but if you have a fault or want to remove a service you have to work really hard to find a way to get in touch.

It’s an awful customer service business model.

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Kateaziz wrote:

My virgin TV is also disconnected and that is wired. 

Any analyser app you’d recommend? I’m a bit clueless and cannot get through to Virgin for help. 

Thanks!!

if your wired devices are disconnecting then it's worth doing some more investigation into what's going on..

firstly set up a BQM post the link to the "live graph" back here (select the sharing link, it will obscure your IP address from the image).  

next, browse to the hub on http://192.168.0.1 - don't log in, click Router Status, copy and paste the tables from the Upstream, Downstream and Network Log back to this thread.. 

0 Kudos