Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wifi keeps dropping

Hi all, i installed virgin media 3 weeks ago and have been having constant issues with WIFI dropping out multiple times a day and then reconnects. Having tried the suggested steps of resetting the router, making sure the cables & connections are secure, and checked that the local area has no network issues, I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction. We had an engineer come out a week or so ago who couldnt identify an issue and installed a new router but if anything the problem has got worse. We do have a modem installed as well. Again really hoping someone can provide some help here as am losing the will to live. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi keeps dropping

@ashleykoya wrote:

Hi all, i installed virgin media 3 weeks ago and have been having constant issues with WIFI dropping out multiple times a day and then reconnects. Having tried the suggested steps of resetting the router, making sure the cables & connections are secure, and checked that the local area has no network issues, I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction. We had an engineer come out a week or so ago who couldnt identify an issue and installed a new router but if anything the problem has got worse. We do have a modem installed as well. Again really hoping someone can provide some help here as am losing the will to live. 

What do you mean you have a modem installed as well? The hub is a router/modem combo. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos