Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wifi keeps dropping

So as the title says my wifi keeps dropping... now before we all jump on the send details bandwagon here lies my second issue. After following the instructions on how to fix it 😑 (turn on and off, factory reset apparently its now magically fixed)  its actually made it impossible to actually log into the router....

Now my Internet works fine while I'm connected to ethernet (bar me being able to get into my router) and upon further attempts to factory reset my router this also seems to have stopped working. I'm stuck in a select language, input password, change password, passwords incorrect, select language loop.

The main thing that gets me (appart from being on hold for 3 hours to no avail, and a very polite customer service representative hanging up on me) is that the router itself was working fine up until 2 days ago.

I'm beginning to think its a router orientated issue but can't delv into this any more without access to my settings so any advice on this would be great!! 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi keeps dropping

What hub do you have?

Did you do a 60 second pinhole reset?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3, pinhole reset stopped working after the first reset.

Every thing on virgin media "help" (if that's what you can call it) section has been attempted.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It may be a good idea to carry out a proper factory reset on the Hub …

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Already done done all your basic error handling.

This is what caused the complete inability to log into the routers settings.

It allows me to the select language page click next and then resets to set language.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It sometimes takes 3 or 4 attempts using the 60 second reset.

While you are waiting for VM (it could take a week) persevere with the resets.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I spent about 4 hours doing this yesterday (many many resets) but to no avail

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK.

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos