Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Wifi keeps dropping out

Hi,

My wifi on my superhub keeps dropping out.  This affects both 2.4 & 5 GHz connections.  Wired connections remain stable.  Often it will reconnect again within a few seconds of dropping however at least every few days the superhub will need its power cycling on/off to allow any devices to connect.  This is most frustrating as when working from home I have to reconnect my work firewall and VPN connection every 5 minutes or so.  This affects multiple devices which work fine on other wifi connections, and work fine if connected via LAN cable (although this isn't practical every day).  Is there any way a new HUB can be provided to replace my current unit?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi keeps dropping out

I'm having the exact same issue. 2.4 and 5GHz drop out and then reconnect. Wired remains stable. This is happening multiple times everyday. It's making working from home very difficult. In the middle of a conference call with a customer and boom... wifi gone. Not very professional. I've rebooted the hub multiple times, no joy. I would like a replacement hub please.

Thanks

Jonathan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Chrisdownes1 - What hub do you currently have?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@jwallbutton - please start your own thread

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@gary_dexter  I'm not sure.  I believe its either a 2 or 2AC based on images on google but can't tell otherwise.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK
You might need a sidegrade to a Hub3.

I won't use the term upgrade as it's not really, in terms of specs and performance...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So long as it has more stability on Wifi than the current one that would work. Just need a Virgin rep to sort out the replacement. 🙂
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hub model is printed on its sticker.

You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.
If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand, thanks John I didn't even know that was currently available. I've just ordered a HUB 3. Many thanks for the help & knowledge.

Stay safe.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It might be more stable than the one you currently have, but by no means will it be great. 

0 Kudos