Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wifi keeps dropping out constantly to all devices

Hi,

seems like I have the same issues as quite a few people - the wifi keeps dropping out to all my connected devices.

I've tried to do what some of the previous replies have said to do - ie set up a BQM but it looks like ICMP is blocked when i check it just now as it is solid red! I followed the instructions on the BQM website but there is no setting to allow the ping respond - it just has a space for an IP address?

Also - when trying to get the upload and download speeds etc from the router - there is no option to check its status just to sign in.

Any help would be gratefully received as this is a right pain in the backside  - and I've JUST signed up for another 18months with Virgin too!! I have a Hub3 btw.

Thanks

Allie

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi keeps dropping out constantly to all devices

A BQM will not fix you wfi but getting your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and the hub modem mode will.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

wth am I paying Virgin for then? They supplied the Hub and recommend it as the router for their services.
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is what it is...
---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey @AllieG,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with your broadband services.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that you have an issue with your upstream power levels that need to be amended by an engineer.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Order tracking.

Regards

Steven_L

Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! This is still an issue - VM said they are looking into it but this appointment is brilliant - THANKS
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure if this is a new problem but the team should have been able to spot this or the engineer on the last visit,to be fair to the team and engineer this may have happened after the visit and the team last checked it.

I hope that we can get it right for you this time.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos