Menu
TammyGill
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi keeps disconnecting devices

I am new to Virgin after suffering many years of Sky broadband.. at first I was over whelmed by the speeds this has slowly dwindled each day and I've gone from 300mbps to approx 60-70mbps

Our room scans all come out fine yet we get disconnected for no reason. I have re booted the hub several times and no settings have been changed at all. Anyone have any ideas??. we have the sky q box and 2 PC connected via brand new ethernet cables and the ping is ridiculously high on those also.

Please if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it as I am loosing the will to live with Internet issues

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi keeps disconnecting devices

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages back here as text

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
TammyGill
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi keeps disconnecting devices

Umm I'm going to sound really silly as i don't know how to do this?

0 Kudos
TammyGill
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ridiculous ping when connected via ethernet

My 2 children have their PC's connected to our hub via ethernet and have both complained of ping between 80 and anything up to 2000

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? I've scoured the Internet and have tried for over a week to speak to someone via chat and phone but not getting any luck. Speedtest shows ping at around 15 on WiFi but online gaming is near on impossible. 

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos