Menu
Dykie2020
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi keeps Disconnecting every day

Around six or seven times a day my wifi goes down and its getting bad.

I have reset the hub a number of times now but it is now getting beyond a joke I don't want to keep changing my equipment I have the Hub 3

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

I have tried the following but nothing:

Re: Wifi Keeps Disconnecting

You may be as well refining your Wi-Fi management, it might not fix your problem but will certainly help keeping track of your Wi-Fi frequencies.

Instructions for Hub 3

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Channel name > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are. 

Log out of the Hub.

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi keeps Disconnecting every day

Is this "only" on wifi connections or do you see the disconnects at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check this will help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or maybe a network connection related?

And wwhat are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Dykie2020
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just wifi, its becoming a joke. Had to hardwire my office laptop as it keep disconnecting

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If its a wifi only issue, then on a Hub3/4, you could try separating the SSID's of the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands by renaming them in the settings and at the same time switch off "channel optimisation" Then use a wifi scanning App to find the best wifi channels to use (just use 1,6,11 on 2.4GHz)— that often helps Hub3 users get better wifi performance - but its still no substitute for getting better kit 🙂
To address this, VM now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). Pods are free to “some customers” most will be charged £5/month and they dont have enough supplies right now to provide them unless you have a demonstrable wifi issue.

At that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever and which will cure all your wifi woes.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.