cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi issues

Katski
Joining in

Can anyone help me please. I’ve had major intermittent issues since joining Virgin. Numerous phone calls and still issues. Internet intermittently drops out of devices (but not at the same time) - so one can be working and not another device right next to it. 

I’ve now got a wifi pod but that’s not helping and now told that maybe my wifi pod is faulty as it doesn’t have a solid green light. When I plug it in it has a white light then a blinking white light then it goes to no light. Is this faulty or is this how it should be?

Any tips, I’m 3 months in on my contract now and getting really frustrated that I have 500mb internet but my sky 70mb was far better. I don’t even get 500mb, usually max of 200mb in the same room as the router. 

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this...
_______

Can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

See message 5 in this thread for how to connect Pods properly

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/WiFi-boosters-needed/m-p/5122436#M497217

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I only use them on wifi, it’s different devices at different times.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Katski,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 😊

I am sorry you are having some WiFi issues I have had a look on our systems and can see there are some issues with your power levels that would require a tech. I will pop you over a PM, just keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Zoie

jubajard
Tuning in

Hi there, I’m in north london and the signals keep dropping it’s so annoying !

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Katski,

Thank you for messaging with us. 

I am glad you have managed to get a tech booked with our team and hope all goes well. Please keep us posted on this.

Zoie

Thanks for your post @jubajard, and I'm sorry to hear of the Wi-Fi issues you've been experiencing.

Have you checked our Service Status Checker https://virg.in/service or called our Service Status Line 0800 561 0061 for an update on any outages we may be experiencing?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn