Menu
djinuno
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Wifi issues with realme x50 5g and superhub3

Hello everyone, 

I am hoping someone can help me, I have bought last week from amazon the smartphone Realme X50 5g, everything seems to work, I was able to connect straight away to the superhub 3 WiFi and I have Internet but I have a real weird issue, after being connected to the WiFi for some time randomly when I check the phone it says no Internet.

I need to disconnect from the WiFi and reconnect and then the Internet comes again. Is a little bit of a nuisance because I don't realise I don't have Internet until I pick up the phone.

This happens in two smartphones (I bought two realme) and both have the same behaviour.

I had exactly the same issue with my previous phones but with the virgin hub and the problem was gone once I got the superhub 3. There is definitely some incompatibility going on here.

I am thinking in buying a router but before that I would like to get some advice. 

Thanks in advance

Djinuno

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi issues with realme x50 5g and superhub3

You may be as well refining your Wi-Fi management, it will certainly help keeping track of your Wi-Fi frequencies.

Best done with a cable connected device.

Instructions for Hub 3

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Channel name > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are. 

Log out of the Hub.

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

When you connect the devices do it at the furthest point from the Hub that the device will be used.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
djinuno
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello MikeRobbo,

First of all thanks for your replying. 

I already had 5g and 2g on the WiFi network names so they can be easily differentiated.

I am always connected to the 5g network since this is a recent phone it should be alrigth .

I have disabled the channel optimization as suggested and will test it during the day to see if there is any improvement.

I have been reading online and there is a lot of issues with the superhub 3 it clearly seems that the sh2ac is more reliable. I haver order a router just hope the sh3 works well in modem only mode.

I was wondering if its possible to request a replacement by the sh4?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hey djinuno,

I really hope that the new hub 3 can get you a more stable WiFi connection.

Regarding the hub 4 this only available to customers on our Gig1 package at the moment but we are working on getting this availble to all of our customers as soon as possible.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
djinuno
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello Steven,

I didn't order a new VM SH3, it was a TP Link router. Anyway meanwhile is there any logs that I can try to check on SH3 to try understand what is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

What the model of the TP link router you ordered?
---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hey @djinuno,

Sorry I got mixed up there.

The hub 3 network logs can be accessed by doing the below

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] 

click on the “router status”

This will show you all of the stats from the hub that you would need to see.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
djinuno
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Steven_L

I have checked the modem logs the only thing I can see is the following that happens from time to time:

I replaced the MAC's with X

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=XXXXXXXX;CMTS-MAC=XXXXXXXXX;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Do you know what this means?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
djinuno
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello legacy1

The router I bought is TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 dual band.

Cheers

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon djinuno,

Thanks for your response. You should be able to produce a long list of stats that show you performance of 24 downstream channels, as well as 4 upstream channels.

Can you perhaps tell me if you've been able to connect the handsets to the 2.4GHz band to see if this offers a more stable and consistent performance?

The 2.4GHz band offers more range and I'm curious if perhaps the 5GHz band is dropping when you're away from the hub as the phones would fall out of range. 

Would be handy to know if the handsets drop connection at the same time, or at alternate times, and if this also happens when you're in the same room as the hub?

Kindest regards,

David_ Bn

0 Kudos