Sorry this is long so if you fall asleep half way through, I totally understand.
So my kids are ready to report me to the Wifi police due to issues.
1. I have Virgin 200.
2. I have a man cave in a separate garage about 40 - 50ft away and an ethernet cable goes from my router, round the house internally, out through the conservatory and plugs directly in to my TPlink router. From there I have 2 ps4s wired up and everything ethernet wise is perfect.
3. Wifi was rubbish in the garage so I got the virgin media boosters with one in the garage and one wired to the virgin router. This made the wifi meh in the garage, but stable ish. Recently over the last 3 weeks it's got terrible in the garage and actually in the house.
4. After reading how poor the hub 3 is, on Friday I purchased a Dlink router turned the hub 3 into a modem and hooked it all up (thanks to this forums help).
5. Wifi in the house without boosters... Fantastic. Unfortunately it doesn't extend to the garage.
6. Connecting to the Wifi in the garage using the wired TPlink seems to work, however my son on his phone and ipad says it's rubbish and it seems that when he's on the ipad and I'm on the ipad, his cuts out completely,so he's not happy at the new setup.
7. I thought I would try and use the virgin boosters with the Dlink, but it's proving a hard job so I've sacked it.
8. I have a netgear n300 booster that I setup and placed in the conservarory about half way, and it worked, however when I did a speed test, I was getting 2 meg connection compared to the 40 from the TPlink and nothing like the 100+ from the Dlink in the house.
So my friends, what should I do? I seem to be mired in routers and hubs and boosters and still poor wifi but only in the garage and only when both my son and I are on wifi (mine still seems fine).