Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wifi ip camara

I have been unable to connect a Wi-Fi ip camera , I have tried to connect it useing the app on kindle ,and galaxy phone . I have reset hub 2 and updated pass word just in case pass word was wrong all other devices connected ok after reset, the app is saying device not connected to wifi, do I need to set up port forwarding for this device or change something in the settings, I have a igeek, indoor up camera that works fine , I am using sricam, app and camera, don't really know what to do next , unable to get any reply from virgin media and unable to talk to anyone for 2days just options on the phone only want some advise

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi ip camara

You should not need to set up port forwarding if your connecting locally, its been reported that some devices don't want to work with the hub so you might have to get your own router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi ip camara

These cheap WiFi cameras only connect to the 2.4Ghz band and if your hub is using the Sam SSID for both 2.4 and 5Ghz bands they often have problems.Best to give your SSIDs different names. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos