Menu
Tstanley
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wifi intermitent error

Since last Friday my internet connection has been intermittent. on all devices. It has disconnected from my Ring doorbell, CCTV wifi camera's and wifi extender - does not even show up as an available network for these anymore. On iphone and ipads it does tend to connect but keeps dropping out - very frustrating when trying to work from home.

The front of the hub just shows an orange (non flashing) light where the normal white light used to be - I have turned off at the plug, waited 2 minutes and tried restarting but it has made no difference (tried both of these several times. I have also tried holding the reset button down for 10-15 seconds on the back of the hub but again this has not made any difference.

Can anyone offer any advice?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi intermitent error

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) and see what they say when they test the connection. Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue. Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos