cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi in an upstairs bedroom is intermittent, it only provides 2mbps of internet on a volt 350 package

Simonm16
Joining in

Wifi in an upstairs bedroom is intermittent, it only provides 2mbps of internet on a volt 350 package. How do we fix this problem?

As i am on a volt package am i entitled to a free wifi pod? I cant see the option to apply for this anywhere

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Not entitled to free VM Pods on M350, worse they are very poor value to rent too.

Below is an example of a WiFi extender that you can buy and own and will be fully under your control (& costs about the same a renting a 1 VM Pod for 3 months) .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RE220-Universal-Extender-Broadband-Indicator/dp/B07ZWBBPQN

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Start at the post that is "pinned" at the top of this forum board list.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

Not entitled to free VM Pods on M350, worse they are very poor value to rent too.

Below is an example of a WiFi extender that you can buy and own and will be fully under your control (& costs about the same a renting a 1 VM Pod for 3 months) .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RE220-Universal-Extender-Broadband-Indicator/dp/B07ZWBBPQN

Simonm16
Joining in

Right ok, i must have misunderstood the page for wifi max. I'll just a normal booster, thanks

Look again at the WiFi max criteria as shown Here 

If you really want that package, one way to get it without paying £8 a month is to get an O2 pay monthly SIM and register for Volt as shown Here  it's cheaper if you have say a £6 SIM and you get an extra mobile

Personally I prefer to use my own router and WiFi kit regardless

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!