Menu
imarston
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi has the self-assigned ip address using new wifi pod

Previously i used the wifi boosters and all was OK

I have now been sent the wifi pods, and everytime i try to use the wifi with my Macbook Pro, i get:

"Wi-Fi has the self-assigned IP address xxxx and will not be able to connect to the internet."

All other devices using wi-fi are OK

If i connect the Macbook Pro to the router (Hub 4) directly by ethernet all is OK, and when i then remove the ethernet and return to wifi, all is OK.

I have tried various things posted on multiple forums and websites (e.g. https://blog.pcrisk.com/mac/13307-fix-self-assigned-ip-address-issue-on-mc )

Any help would be appreciated, i am getting fed up having to connect via ethernet every morning in order to use the wifi

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi has the self-assigned ip address using new wifi pod

Have you set a static IP for it?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
imarston
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, i did that yesterday under DHCP settings>Reserved IP addresses>Add rule
Still same problem this morning

Thanks
0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi imarston, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that setting up the new WiFi pods hasn't gone to plan. 

You can use this guide to restart things and then this should help get things working. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos