Menu
gcoder
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wifi failure throughout the day

Hi, first time user and poster here.

For the past few weeks, my wifi connection have been having issues, where connection just drops entirely for a short duration (average between 5-10mins). 

When I rang customer support, the machine have performed a check and it just came back with the hardware haven't been plugged in properly. 

This have really disrupted my work from home.

Any ideas? I'm currently on M200 Fibre Broadband with the hub3.

I've not got a log of the downstream from my router during time of the incidents, but can supply the next time this happens.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi failure throughout the day

First question as always is... are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gcoder
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

If I remember correctly, the hub actually have both the the wifi and internet (arrows) light at green.

I also own a TP-LINK (TL-WPA8630), which is connected by ethernet through wall plugs, and the wifi connection from my TP-LINK also goes off. So I would suspect ethernet connection to the hub is also failing.

Thanks,

Gar

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are the wall plugs being passed a wifi signal from the hub or using the powerlines.

Can you test with an ethernet cable from the hub to a laptop when these drops occur?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
gcoder
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iotharmat,

The wall plugs uses powerlines.

I've tested it today, and when the outage occurs, so does the connection via ethernet.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you post your Hub status and logs?
Someone should be spot if there is a problem
Navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode)
Don't log in!
Click on 'router status'
Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs. The forum software will remove the MAC addresses for you (you may need to click the 'post' button again).

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi gcoder,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your broadband services and WiFi.

I've been able to locate your account and can see that there is an outage affecting your area - the latest update on the issue was that the team now believe it to  be fixed but are just running some final tests to confirm this. I would suspect that this would have been the cause of the issues you've been having.

Please let us know how things are today and later this afternoon so we can help further if needed 🙂

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
gcoder
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

Thanks for the information. I haven't encounted any issues for past few days, I was actually waiting for another episode to happen so I can log the details as suggested by Iotharmat.

I should be back at work (nonstop internet usage) from Thursday onwards, so will let you know again if it continues.

Thanks!

Gar

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gar,

Glad to hear it's been better over the last few days, that's great news. Do keep us posted and continue to monitor incase anything does change and we'll be happy to help further if needed.

All the best,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos