Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wifi extender order issues

Hi, I have issues in areas of my house with WiFi connection, I tested with the connect app and it says i am entitled to a free WiFi extender and to order now but when I click on this it says my upgrade cannot be done online and to call.
I did call and was passed to the correct dept and the line just went dead.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi extender order issues

Do you have a Hub4? If not the boosters are NOT free and they will charge you £3/month - so forget it and put those monies to getting your own better quality wireless equipment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

App says I am eligible for a free upgrade at no extra cost but this doesn't help if the app order won't work and no one will answer the phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The first thing they will ask is ...

"is the app the latest version ?"

Take a screen grab of the offer and post it on here. 

Don't delete the original, keep it safe.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@dthorb75 wrote:

App says I am eligible for a free upgrade at no extra cost but this doesn't help if the app order won't work and no one will answer the phone.

If you do not have a Hub4 - your are not eligible (currently) for free boosters - they changed the conditions about a month ago - unfortunately no one told the "App master" 🙂

But Mike's suggestion is good if you have the evidence that it says they are free at the time of scanning they would have to honour it - but TBH it isnt worth the hassle.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@jbrennand wrote:

@dthorb75 wrote:

If you do not have a Hub4 - your are not eligible (currently) for free boosters - they changed the conditions about a month ago - unfortunately no one told the "App master" 🙂

But Mike's suggestion is good if you have the evidence that it says they are free at the time of scanning they would have to honour it - but TBH it isnt worth the hassle.

Or they could just say “no that offer doesn’t apply” and withdraw it. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Possibly - we would need our resident legal expert (Andruser) to comment 🙂

But lets see what the data shows first.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Screenshot_20201030-173714_Chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@jbrennand wrote:
Possibly - we would need our resident legal expert (Andruser) to comment 🙂

But lets see what the data shows first.

Well under normal retail “laws” they don’t have to honour any discounts etc. and would say the offer is withdrawn.

Likewise when Curry’s have their occasional glitches whereby they sell laptops for £10 online - orders are not honoured.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi