cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi dropping out

Thebee1981
Joining in

Hi

I’m having intermittent issues with wifi dropping out. More often than not recently. Done all the usual, checked cables, turned on and off, hard reset etc with no joy. I’ve rang virgin a few times but still having the same issues. Just used a link to report and check back after 24 hours. Anyone know if another router would solve the problem. It’s so frustrating!!

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
________
Firstly... Can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi

It’s all devices…. phones, tablets, any music being played either wifi or the one connected via ethernet. They all go down. The hub had the green wifi light either lit or sporadic flashing and occasionally the green internet arrows flashing too. The base light stays a fixed off white colour  

It’s s hub 3

Thanks

Hi Thebee1981,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been  having some connection issues, I've had a look at things from our side, and can see you've been able to get in touch with the team regarding this.

If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm