cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi dropping out on HUB 3

villa5
Tuning in

I believe this is a common issue but how do you sort the Hub 3 wifi dropping out issue. Its dropping out at least once a day now and becoming frutrating.

Had a call from virgin yesterday trying to get me to upgrade my services and they offered a better hub but once I said I didn't want to upgrade they were no longer interested in my hub issue.

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

Disable Smart  Wi-Fi and Auto Channel selection to prevent the Hub 3 dropping the Wi-Fi every time it preforms a channel change. 

These are our settings ...

Client62_0-1689525728997.png

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good advice from Client62.  Just to add... Channel 6 "may" not be the best for you in your particular device's location.  You should use a wifi scanning App (or Apple Airport Utility) to find the best wifi channels to use at that position.

On the 2.4GHz band you should select one of channels 1,6,11 - find the one least in use at the location  of your device and select that one - see the reasoning in the above above...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Getting-a-better-Wireless-Network-Signal/td...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

In our home channels 1 & 11 are a pair of Wireless Access points, hence the Hub is channel 6.

villa5
Tuning in

Thank you for all the replies, I'll make some changes and see if it improves.

Client62
Legend

The settings above are to resolve a glitchy WI-Fi & assume that is the only problem.

If there are broader issues of internet drop out on network cabled devices or worse, you are seeing an internet dropout combined with the Hub panel lights changing a deep dive into the Hub's signal levels will needed.