Menu
Holly5
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi dropping out multiple times daily

My wifi has been pretty perfect for 6 months of me and my husband WFH but all of a sudden this week I’m paying for that. The wifi is dropping out multiple times a day, it’s not working more often than it is. Sometimes when I reboot or ‘test’ through the app it will restart but it’s 50/50, it’s just become completely unreliable for a week now. I’ve had so many virtual meetings cut because of this issue but even worse, my heating is controlled by wifi so not only have I got no work and no netflix, I’m also freezing! Someone please help, this is driving me mad! 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi dropping out multiple times daily

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

also you should be able to control your heading manually without a network connection. If you can't you need to change the system you use
Holly5
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Mike, I don’t have a cable to try it unfortunately. Is it really able to be affected by devices? If it’s just based on volume of devices we’ve certainly had less this week than we have previously, and no new devices. Like I said, it’s been reliable until this week and we’ve not changed anything this week so I can only assume it’s a VM issue but haven’t been able to get through to anyone in customer service.

0 Kudos
Holly5
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You’re right, I hadn’t even thought about it until now but this has definitely exposed an issue so am looking into fixing that too!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:
also you should be able to control your heading manually without a network connection. If you can't you need to change the system you use

I feel that a lot of problems with Wi-Fi are caused by the Wi-Fi network being overloaded with things it was never really designed to service.

We now have Wi-Fi connected fridges, cookers, lights, heating systems, CCTV, burglar alarms, door bells, TVs, phones and a myriad of computing devices with permutations of some  or all of them.

Each has its own idiosyncrasies that have to be catered for, receiving only, receiving and transmitting, 2.4GHz, 5GHz, both frequencies etc etc.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos