cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi down since 21st.Expecred back 29th

Bazbazzler
On our wavelength

I've just got off the phone to Virgin by bypassing their 'fob you off' protocol by blocking my number and entering a false landline number. After 5 days if no internet and possible fix date of 29th how are they allowed to run such critical infrastructure? China couldn't do a better job of crippling the UK. They also think a refund on daily loss will do. I've part filed a CC claim for data, fuel to go to work, time which at the moment runs at £40 per day. If anyone else wants to join I'll add you to the list. If we get enough I have a solicitor who will gladly bring a group action. Court claims go on losses accrued when contracts are broken so seems an easy win with bad publicity.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no "Service Level Agreement" on your residential package. If you want connection and fix-time guarantees you need to be on the Business package - which covers that in the SLA that package has.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

SLA's have nothing to do with it. A court will decide on the reasonableness of a claim. I pay for a service, I'm out of pocket for the loss of service, they pay the costs to me. I WFH and have to go into work because of it. That's their issue. I'm happy to test it in court. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK - then if the issue is not the speed of getting a fix and its just compensation for loss of service.... then see if there is any useful info in here...

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Bazbazzler wrote:

SLA's have nothing to do with it. A court will decide on the reasonableness of a claim. I pay for a service, I'm out of pocket for the loss of service, they pay the costs to me. I WFH and have to go into work because of it. That's their issue. I'm happy to test it in court. 

Good luck with that. Others have tried before. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for the issues faced with the service Bazbazzler,

Welcome back to the community.

Whilst we don't plan for outages, there can be times that this can happen as it is not a fault free service.

Our team will try to resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Regards,

Kain