Menu
kenzie1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Wifi deadspot

Hi i have 2 sons at home doing home learning and they need to do live lessons bit they have wifi deadspots in their rooms.ive tried everything to sort it out but cant get it to work and its affecting their schoolwork now with dropping oit of lessons.so i saw an ad about the virgin media poweline plugs and was wondering if i could get some?.

Please help 

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MrJB73
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi deadspot

Plugs could help - but possibly better to get an extension mesh system or similar. No way you could run a ethernet cable to the rooms temporarily? Flat cables can fit under carpet:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CSL-Ethernet-Gigabit-1000Mbit-Broadband/dp/B014DW3VI8/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&k... 

kenzie1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I want the plugs as with all going on ive lost my job and cant afford to spend money and would get the powerline plugs off virgin media as part of my subscription and free but thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
kenzie1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Also was on hold on the phone for 60mins then just as they were answering they put the phone down on me so im not happy about that aswell...

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Running by Ethernet would be more stable 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
kenzie1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That's why i want the powerline adapters so i can plug into a socket then use an ethernet cable to the laptops.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can you not wire straight to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
kenzie1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No as the hub is downstairs and my sons laptops are in their bedrooms and have wood floors so can't run flat ethernet cables and that's why im asking for the powerline adapters.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin offer the "pods" now, but they cost £5 per month unless you're on the Gig1 or Ultimate Oomph bundles.

For £5 per month rental. they're not worth the cost compared to getting your own (better) equipment.

kenzie1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

ok i will see about acquiring my own equipment to sort it out and thanks for your help.

0 Kudos