Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wifi crashing

Please help. I work from home and my wifi keeps going off and have checked everything and I have no idea why? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi crashing

Does a wired connection work?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I put all the plugs in and turned it on and off. But keeps dropping out 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I mean if wired direct to the hub with an ethernet cable instead of using wifi.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've been having exactly the same issue for the past 4 weeks. Wi-Fi cuts out repeatedly throughout the day. Tried all the usual tips (reset, checking cables etc) but no difference. Used Ethernet and that helps when it comes to my sons Xbox being online but when I plug it into my laptop the internet still cuts out. I've had 2 replacement routers sent to me. An engineer has looked at the cables. I've spoken numerous times to the helpdesk - yet no success.

I too work from home currently and it is near on impossible to work a full day without losing my work. I've been connecting my laptop to my phones 4G but I don't have much data so this wont work longterm (if Covid has anything to say about it!).

I am assuming that Virgin Media just don't have a solution to this. I would try another ISP but by the sounds of it there all the same.

It's driving me up the wall. In a world where everything relies on Wi-fi it shouldnt be like this. My speeds are fine, just the drop outs in connection. I've had no problems like this before and I've been with VM since the NTL days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don’t know what you mean where “everything” relies on WiFi.

Where i work, and at home, 99.9% of devices are hardwired. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@BlueMoon456 wrote:

I am assuming that Virgin Media just don't have a solution to this. I would try another ISP but by the sounds of it there all the same.

It's driving me up the wall. In a world where everything relies on Wi-fi ..

If everything in your household relies on wifi the best option for you is to forget wired ISP's an get a 4G or 5G BB contract - it will be less hassle - assuming you have good coverage in your area.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jaynecooke, 

Really sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I have had a look at the back end of things from here and it's all looking good as far as I can see. 

Are you still having issues since posting? 

Please keep us posted. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos