cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi constantly dropping out

AndieGee
Joining in

Ive had an issue for about 4 months with my wifi constantly dropping out,  ie done all the tests/resets as advised online and even called an advisor to be told there isnt anything wrong....yes there is !!!! We have a hub 3 and have seen online that 4 and 5 are available, but how do we get one?

thank you 😊 

3 REPLIES 3

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
You don’t want a hub 4 or 5.

You want to keep your hub 3 and put it into modem mode and attach your own router or mesh system

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can see if you’re eligible for a Hub upgrade by using this link

I use the Hub 4 as a router and have never had an issue, though other people would rather use the Virgin-supplied Hub in modem mode and attach their own router.

It may also be worth explaining in more detail the issues you’re having to see if anyone here can help. 

In my experience the wifi range is no better on the hub4 than the hub3. Dont have a hub5 so can't comment on that, but by reading these forums, the hub 5 wifi appears not to be any better.

Is the wifi actually disconnecting or is the router itself losing Internet? Do you have the same issue on wired devices. If you have no wired devices, I suggest temporarily wiring up a laptop to see if it still drops out.