Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi connectivity

My Hub 3 is about 3 years old and this year it keep loosing connection just enough to stop everything working before reconnecting. The app will not link to the Hub all I get is sorry there appears to be a problem, so I reset it works fine then for 24 hours before it losses all over again. Now even the winless printer cannot connect.

startng to look around for a different provider as there appears to be little help from Virgin. The community is my last hope

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi connectivity

What is your connection like with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If i hard wire it in then it works fine, just looses wifi. The speed check says it is working well it just keeps dipping then the app stops working and other devices struggle to connect to the wifi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The problem with Wi-Fi is that it can be brilliant at breakfast time and useless by lunchtime and you haven't changed anything, BUT, something somewhere has changed, then you can spend hours and even days trying to find a fix for something that can be totally out of your control.

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is very poor and have spent money on third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

if you remove all the internal walls, electronic and electrical devices, metallic pipes and conduits and wrap the whole building in a thick lead shield you will have a good chance of getting decent Wi-Fi from a VM Hub.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020