Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wifi connection / reliability issues

Hi

I have only recently signed up to Virgin having left BT. 

I was assured that I would notice the difference in speed and reliability of Wifi immediately.

I have not. And more frustratingly I can't speak to anyone over the phone about. The myvirginmedia account just seams to send me in circles.

Basically in the first 2-3 months I have had virgin, I have lost Wifi connection altogether on a number of occasions. the only thing that works is unplugging it and plugging in again. This takes ages and is extremely frustrating, particularly if you are in the middle of something.

Also at times I don't totally lose the connection, but the signal is interrupted / weak. This is particularly noticeable when I am listening to spotify music via my sonos system.Not sure if the problem is between Wifi and Spotify and Wifi and Sonos, but either way its annoying.

I just want reliable broadband.

Help please?!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi connection / reliability issues

Hello

Follow the troubleshooting in this link :- https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/WiFi-Wins/ba-p/3958523

You can also install the connect app on your phone and scan for blackspots and if needed depending on your package you may be entitled to free booster.

Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos