Menu
Anthony7273
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wifi - connected no internet

HI.

Having an issue with some wireless devices saying they are connected but have no internet access whilst having a mostly full signal. for instance, my phone and my wifes phone will both be on wifi in the same room. One working fine and the other saying no connected without internet, keeps dropping out all day long. Been doing it for a long time now aswel, we used to just turn off wifi and back on usually fixes it 9 out of 10 times but lately its not been fixing it at all. When devices are connected by cable they are fine, but any wifi devices randomly drop onto connected but no internet daily and this is only fixed by resetting the wifi connection.

I have spoken to customer services but every time the operator tries a few things then pass me to a new operator and I have to start all over again asking me to reset it and try wired connections etc which is driving me crazy.I

have used the online test and no issues where found, I have also factory reset the router but this made no difference.

Could it be my hub is faulty? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi - connected no internet

What Hub model is it?

And.. are all your ethernet connections affected at the same time? If not then its just a wifi problem and that will be a different issue to sort from one where both are affected which suggests its a VM equipment/network connection issue.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos