Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Wifi connected but no internet

Virgin Media went down yesterday known issue with virgin. Back up and running now. All my devices connect to the wifi except 1 laptop and the playstation. I called Virgin and they are saying my devices are now at fault even though I have not had a problem connecting to the wifi before at all. Their network goes down and now they are blaming my device. Please can someone help me as virgin don't seem to care

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi connected but no internet

Hi,

Virgin Media Tech here, have you tried a pinhole reset in the back of the modem? Pushing this button in for 50 seconds will reset the device and force an update. Let me know how this goes.

Cheers,
Phil

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes this was done while I was on the phone to an advisor but it made no difference. I have been able to connect to a neighbours virgin wifi with no problems. It is just not connecting to my own hub. I know this is not the fault of my device as it was working fine with no issues 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi have you tried forgetting the network on both devices then starting again imputing the password again? Or forgetting password and then turning off devices (power off) then setting up again.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just tried forgetting the network on the laptop and restarted. It now says "No internet, secured"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

the adviser would have suggested doing a 30 seconds reset but a 50 second reset will reset the firmware put a timer on your phone and push the reset pin again the hub will then reset to brand new and should be offline for about 10mins

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are you connecting directly to the modem or through another device? If you have a WiFi booster or extender check if that is connected to the modem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Do I reset the hub for 50 secs and then turn the hub off for 10 mins or the other way round?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any powerline adaptors or wi fi boosters being used and are the switched off? If you pin reset up you should not need to turn power off as its the same thing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

just 50 seconds dont run off