Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi boosters

I upgraded to M500 last week and decided to do a re-check around the house using the app. 3 rooms came up with a poor signal so the app recommended I get a wi-fi booster. As I am on oomph it said I can get one for free, however following the link in the app it just lands on an error page. I have tried via the main web site to get in contact to order one but nothing.

Anyone know how to get one sorted?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi boosters

Hi there my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician 

VirginMedia Wifi boosters are available through the Virgin Connect app. download it to your phone, register and do a home check. it will direct you to the correct page to order boosters if they are needed.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have already tried this, it goes to an 'oops' page hence me coming on the forum.

regards

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ya,

The boosters are terrible (believe me, i have had 4 of them now and they are terrible also - if you have 500mb broadband i would keep the hub 3, use this in modem mode and look at adding a mesh system to your Virgin broadband.

Look on amazon for the Eero Pro, just 1 of them will be perfect and add another one at a later point. or get the 3 pack if you have the money.

Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Ive spoken to some mates who also have mesh systems so will take a look at getting one set up.

0 Kudos