Menu
apckjb4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Wifi boosters you supplied stopped working suddenly!? :(

Emma, I have staring experiencing the same issue this morning and I urgently need to get a new set of Boosters as like many I am working from home and rely heavily on having a good internet connection.

please can you contact me directly to resolve this.

Regards

Andy

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi boosters you supplied stopped working suddenly!? :(

AFAIK they no longer issue boosters

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
apckjb4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If only Virgin would answer as quickly. If they don't issue Boosters they will need to send me a replacement product as the only reason I upgraded to 200MB was to get a Booster for my home office.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Boosters aren't free though - they cost £3/£5 per month rental

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

VM now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). These are free to customers on the 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages, and so are worth trying.

Otherwise you will be charged £5/month - and at that level of investment you would soon pay off the cost of buying a "better" solution that will be yours to own and use forever.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
apckjb4
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm paying for the Booster so happy to pay for a replacement product as long as it works. Does anyone know the best way to actually get this message to Virgin so they can answer?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This isn't a hotline to VM its a community users forum. Responses from VM can be up to 5-10 days on here.

Best advice is to call CS at 08.00 in the morning for best chance of getting through quickly - its been said that you have to ask for the tech team as they are the only ones who know about this "new deal" on the pods.

Whether they work or not - no idea - I have never used one - I have my own better quality equipment to provide wifi coverage across my house 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@apckjb4 wrote:

I'm paying for the Booster so happy to pay for a replacement product as long as it works. Does anyone know the best way to actually get this message to Virgin so they can answer?

Paying £60 per year to rent boosters is just plain ridiculous.

0 Kudos
apckjb4
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It was a last resort as I could not get any other extenders working. I'd be forever grateful if you shared a better more cost effective solution. The booster when working was excellent and gave me 100MB in my outside cabin where I work from. My set up was the WIFI booster I have talked about on here and then a 40 foot ethernet cable from the booster (located on my decking) to the aforementioned cabin.

I look forward to your suggestion.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

A mesh system would be better.

A proper one. Not the pod ones VM now offer. 

0 Kudos