My parents currently pay for 200mb The wifi signal is very poor. Have checked speeds via ethernet and there is 200Mb+ going into the hub, however when using wifi this drops to 50-60Mb from as little as 6ft away.
1. The cable from the wall to the hub is very short limiting placement(can only sit behind the tv facing the room). Can you buy the cable for this so I can place the hub slightly further away so its not hidden?
2. In other rooms - especially upstairs the signal is atrocious and in one one you can't connect at all. As the downstairs and upstairs sockets are on different circuits is it pointless getting one of the Virgin intelligent wifi boosters?
3. Would mesh wifi solve this problem? (Unsure how it works) or would I be better off putting the hub in modem mode and buying a separate third party router?
If you could offer any advice or point me in the direction of helpful information it would be much appreciated.
If you’ve got full speeds by cable then there’s no line issue etc.
To answer your points:
1. No you can’t use a third-party cable
2. Yes. Even if they’re on the same circuit they’re not great anyway
3. Yes it would. Depending on coverage required decides whether you need a mesh or router
***** If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!! I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences. Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi