Menu
GrazyD
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi booster

I have a very week signal in kitchen and 3rd bedrooom.  I've been told that VM will provide free boosters but I can't see any where to get them can someone please point me in the right direction.  I have tried moving my router  but I don't have very much length on the coax cable at the back I only have a bout 1 meter.

0 Kudos
linny40
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi booster

I have the boosters, i had to ring up for them. BUT unfortunatly thry have caused me more problems. Think they only send out if you have black spots. cnt remember, but try rining them on 150 and see if they can help
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi GrazyD,

Thanks for posting. Sorry about the WiFi issues. Have you got a hub 3 router and a smartphone? If so, please download the Virgin Media Connect app free of charge. When downloaded, you can do a wireless scan on the app, and then if a booster is required, it'll prompt you to order one.

You can find out more here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
linny40
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

well at my problem was.

Its not the signal to the house, its the house itsself. I ahvebene advised that i need to get the new BT Mesh discs at around £158 for 3 to work in my house as ther signal is being blocked by walls etc. 

The engineer proved i have a good signal coming in, but getting it to work around the house even with the boosters was not good enough.  I have an average 3 bed semi house ( staircase inthe middle) - NOT a mansion.  I was also recommended to have more than 1 router inthe house- but that means wiring an ethernet cable somehow around thehouse. NOt really what i wanted to hear. But basically the engineer said its NOT a virgin problem as there is no problem with my signal comnig into thehouse.

Not amused 😞

0 Kudos